First of all, thanks so much, Hannah, for having me on today. I’m thrilled to be a guest on your blog and have the chance to chat about Fury of Fire, the first novel in my Dragonfury series.
This year heralds the Year of the Dragon in the Chinese calendar. Which is serendipitous for me, considering Fury of Fire, showcases a new species of half-dragon, half-human warriors battling to protect humankind.
While writing the book, I discovered some interesting things about dragon-shifters as a whole. Chief among them? They are incredibly picky about where they live. So while designing Black Diamond (their lair), I had a few concepts in mind to keep them happy as I built their home.
How did I do it? Feng shui, the Chinese practice of space, orientation, and the flow of positive energy (or ch’i). Interesting stuff, so I decided I’d share a few feng shui principles you might like to use in your own homes.
1. No T.V.s in the bedrooms. A television draws the positive ch’i out of the room and interrupts a good night’s sleep.
2. No mirrors opposite or beside your bed. Mirrors can attract a third party into a relationship, thereby causing tension between you and your significant other.
3. Place an indoor fountain in your home. Ensure it has a favorable position, and it will attract the things you most want in life.
4. Install a fish tank. If well positioned, it will tap into the “Divine Water Dragon’s Den” and bring you greater fortune.
5. Always have a solid wall behind your bed. The wall will allow you to sink into a deeper sleep and you will wake up feeling refreshed.
So, enjoy, go forth, and feng shui! It’s a heck of a lot of fun, and who knows? You may end up achieving all you’ve been dreaming of this year with a little help of the ch’i you draw into your home. And if you like, pick up a copy of Fury of Fire to see how feng shui empowers the dragon-shifters and keeps them in positive energy.
Coreene will be giving one lucky commentator an ARC of Fury of Fire. Please leave you email address below in the comment section. The winner will be chosen at random, and Coreene will be in touch in order to arrange sending the winner a copy of the book.