Monday, August 6, 2012

Eggs-cetera by JoMarie DeGioia

First I’d like to thank Hannah for inviting me. It’s so nice to be here! I thought long and hard about what to blog about today, and then just decided to give my poor brain free rein. Dangerous.

Okay, so like many of my writer friends I’m trying to juggle a busy writing schedule. I’m published in Historical Romance, published under another name in Erotic Romance and aspiring to be published in Young Adult fiction. I hop around among genres, channeling different personalities and sensibilities and, let’s face it, sensuality-levels. I also have a lot going on at home.

The kids are in the process of trying to sell their house up north, and have moved in with me here in Florida. With their adorable baby son and three cats. So we’re now a couple with one college-aged daughter still at home, our other “out of the nest” daughter back inside the nest with her husband, and my baby grandson Anthony. So all of my eggs are now in one basket.

Anthony is a doll and a half and the apple of his Gammy’s eye. He’s also a lot of work, which years had given a nostalgic sepia tone since raising my daughters. I watch him often, since my son-in-law is going to school. I also work at the bookstore several days a week and try to remain active in my local RWA chapter. They say there are enough hours in the day but maybe the earth’s rotation is quicker here in Florida, lol.

I’m currently enjoying the recent release of a book near and dear to my heart, More Than Passion from Lachesis Publishing. It’s the rewrite and reboot of my very first Historical Romance, and taking a breather from writing to virtually press some hands is refreshing! I’m hoping to get the release date soon of another Historical Romance from Lachesis, More Than Charming. We’ve been handling the edits but those are winding down. Yeah, I didn’t even touch on the subject of editing in my various genres. Darn that earth’s rotation anyway!

If this post seems a little scrambled, eh hem, that’s not a mistake. While my writing energizes me, when it’s not sapping my strength, I get more than enough love and support from my basket of eggs at home. But I have to say, after collapsing into bed after another long day of watching that now-walking grandson, I’ve come to a conclusion.

There’s a reason eggs get old.

Thanks again, Hannah. I’d love to hear from readers, too! Please email me at JoMarie@JoMarieDeGioia.com or visit my website, www.jomariedegioia.com

Read an excerpt of More Than Passion and Prideand Fire. Pick up copies at Kindle, BN, Bookstrand, Fictionwise, iBookstore and ARe

7 comments:

  1. Like the cover of "More Than Passion." Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it gorgeous? Thanks so much for stopping my, Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know all about juggling genres. I'm published in contemporary, have just finished a romantic suspense, and am about to polish an historical. I don't juggle heat levels, though. I'm unable to write less than steamy, hehe.

    My last egg is leaving the nest - as far as college - next month. I"m sure I'll get used to his absence, right? *sob*

    Love your cover, so evocative. Good luck with it's release!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm debating writing some non-erotic, but that usually requires a name change, with a new website, Facebook, etc. Good for you for expanding your writing talents! Enjoy those eggs, don't let them scramble you too much.

    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grace/Lu, it's tough when the kids leave. It was for me. They come back, though!

    And I agree with Naomi. It's great to expand your writing talents. I find my voice is recognizable even in different genres. Of course, the Erotic Romances are also Historicals. As for the YA? Very far into the future with its roots in the past. All I'm saying,lol. Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's inspirational that you write in different genres. I'm published in paranormal romance but have a mad dream to write historicals with Highlanders or knights. I'll be looking up your books and contacts. I already know about Hannah's wonderful books--they are among my faves. http://flossiebentonrogers.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Faith, hope, and love -
    the greatest of these is love:
    jump into faith...
    and you'll see with love.
    Doesn’t matter if you don’t believe
    (what I write);
    God believes in you.
    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete